keskiviikko 21. joulukuuta 2011

J. Karjalainen-Missä se Väinö on? (Where is that Väinö?)

     When I was two years old I listened this song over and over again. I have always loved Karjalainen's music and it has become important to me. This song is one of the best known songs from J. Karjalainen and it tells about his son Väinö. A free translation of lyrics: Väinö, Väinö where is that Väinö. I can  see the eyes and the mouth. It can not be anyone else. There is that Väinö.
     I love the song's melody, delighted atmosphere and the African hue. I wanted to introduce his music because for me and many others he is one of the innovators in Finnish pop and rock culture.
     The song's style is pop with an African influence. There is a part in this song where an African man Mouhamadai L. Malang Cissokho sings in Madingo, plays the percussion instruments and an African instrument called kora. It is in a way a kid's song. J. Karjalainen has written the lyrics and the melody.
     J. Karjalainen was born in 1957. He is a prominent Finnish musician, songwriter and singer. His main instruments are vocals, the guitar and the banjo. Karjalainen has recorded since 1980s with many different assemblies. He started to do music with blues, folk and country flavour but ended up with a more pop and rock style. He has recorded 21 records, 5 compilations and a live DVD.
     Karjalainen has done really versatile music. One of his best known qualities is his personal voice . He has brought American country pop to Finland. I dare say that every Finn knows his name.


Aino Askolin


The song:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayyz8peyssc

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti